Sunday 30 June 2013

Q2 Finish-A-Long - Spring Whimsy

It's time for me to link up my Q2 finishes for the 2013 Finish-A-Long at She Can Quilt.



My first finish for the quarter was my Spring Whimsy Quilt, made with my Laurie Wisbrun Modern Whimsy Layer Cake and co-ordinating solids.


I really fell in love with the bright springy colours of this quilt and the cute lambs and bunnies of Laurie's prints.  I used a Cath Kidston-esque duvet cover for the backing and quilted on the diagonal in double lines, which gave me a little trouble but we got there in the end!  I also added my first stripy binding and I love that too!

The quilt now resides with my friend Susana, so I can snuggle up to it whenever I'm visiting her house, and now her hubby wants a quilt too, seeing as I had already made one for their daughter.

You can see my original Q2 link-up post here and my original finish post for the Spring Whimsy quilt here.

3 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

That is a sweet quilt. I love the colours! I am sure Susana appreciates it, too!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Canadian Abroad said...

Such a bright and cheerful quilt. It is one that just makes you smile.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lucky friend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...