Monday 12 March 2012

Rainbow Diamond Flimsy

I finally got a little sewing time today after a busy weekend out with the girls and then family.  My HST diamond quilt is now a beautiful finished flimsy!



I loved this mini quilt the first time I saw it, I'm a sucker for a rainbow of colour, and Lindsay created this quilt with springtime in mind, liking the idea of bits of color peeking through the gray, much like her Indiana weather! I may not be in Indiana but the same certainly applies for lil' old Hampshire here in the UK!

I'm trying to persuade hubby that the dining room - my sewing space - needs redecorating... It can be quite dark in there on a grey day so I'm hoping to have the wallpaper taken off and some lovely fresh white walls in it's place.  I'm keen to use this quilt as my first wall hanging and would like it all to myself in my sewing space, is that too selfish? 

The quilt measures 41" x 33".  If I pull my finger out tomorrow and choose a backing I may have a finish to post on Wednesday...

Lindsay's tutorial for this mini quilt can be found here.

I'm linking up with Sew Chatty's Made With Love Linky today.

Sew Chatty

2 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

The colours in your mini are brilliant. And why are our families so reluctant to hand over their dining rooms to us?!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely colours - hope you get your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...