Tuesday 20 March 2012

Beauty or Beast...

My sewing machine was collected yesterday (Monday) for it's service/repair. It may take a week or so... I thought I'd be fine with my Central Park 4 patch binding to get on with but no, I am now craving piecing!

My mum very kindly lent me her machine, an old Frister & Rossmann, which must be a 1960's relic, but I thought how hard could it be, surely I could at least do some piecing on it?
 Alas this was the pathetic amount I achieved before deciding that enough was enough!
The needle seems permanently stuck in a left hand sided position, not central to the foot which was making it tricky to line up a 1/4 inch seam, the foot pedal needed a very firm foot indeed, the machine wasn't picking up the first 2 or 3 stitches with each start, and to top it all it then decided to start somehow pulling threads on the fabrics, luckily only on the white and not my precious Central Park, so I have left it at that....

Beast it is then! I may have to go and ask my neighbour if I can borrow her machine tomorrow!

1 comment:

Canadian Abroad said...

I've got a machine. You've got thread. We need to meet up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...