Thursday 14 April 2011

A Finished Project

A couple of weeks ago I blogged about the Monaluna Sew Happy FQ Bundle that I found on ebay and how I planned to make the Weighted Pin Cushion Organiser as seen on Sew Mama Sew's blog.

And here it is!

I used the three red prints from the bundle and am really happy with the results. The only tricky part was the loop that hangs for the button, once turned in it was too thin to be picked up and fed through the teethy part of my machine, so I had to stitch it by hand (which means it's not very neat at all!)

The button was a random find in my washing machine! I have no idea what it came from but it matches the dark grey spools of cotton in the print exactly, so it was meant to be.


I'm linking up with Paisley Passions; Thrilling Thursdays linky party

and
A Crafty Soiree

On a seperate note, the Handmade Pay It Forward Challenge has made the leap from Facebook to Blogworld and hopefully I've scored a big one as I was the first person to comment in Flying Blind on a Rocket Cycles post!


So how does it work?

If you're lucky enough to be one of the first three people to comment on the PIF post you will have a little something handmade sent to you. It will be a surprise and it will arrive when you least expect it, within 365 days of the original post.
What's the catch? To get a handmade present, you have to play too! This means YOU pledge to send a little handmade something to 3 readers of your blog. It doesn't have to be quilty - just handmade.
You must have a blog.
Once you receive your "little something", you must post about your Pay it Forward on your blog to keep the fun going - be sure to use the Pay It Forward badge. "

So I have promised that once I receive my gift I will pay it forward by sending something to 3 followers of my blog.

If you'd like to take part, you can start a Pay It Forward chain yourself or link up to someone else's as I have.

Happy days! :o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...